Date(s) - 10/13/2020
3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Add to your calendar: iCal
Exploring the Environmental Profession
Join the Midwest Section of the Air and Waste Management Association for our fourth annual Young Professionals workshop – via webinar for 2020!
In our first session on October 6, experts in the environmental field will present an introductory course on working in the air, water, remediation, and solid waste professions.
For the second session on October 13, we will host a speed learning round on hot topics and the ever-popular environmental professionals panel where workshop attendees can ask questions to local professionals.
Join us to learn a new topic area, refresh your knowledge, and network with local professionals in the field!
Moderator – Kelli Calhoon, Ramboll
Introduction Topics – Perspectives on Working in Enviro Topic Areas
- Air Quality – Kristen Chrislip, Trinity Consultants
- Water Resources – Shiloh Beeman, GeoEngineers
- Solid Waste – Floyd Cotter, SCS Engineers
- Remediation – Brian Hanks, Foth Infrastructure & Environment
Tuesday, October 13, 2020: 3:00pm – 5:00pm
- Working with Enviro Regulations – Paul Jacobson, Spencer Fane
- KC Climate Resiliency – Tom Jacobs, Mid America Regional Council
- PFAS/Emerging Contaminants – Allison Haus, Foth Infrastructure & Environment
- Using AI/Imaging for Investigation – Mike Rawitch, Ramboll
Professionals Panel Q&A Session
- Keaton Abeln, Kansas Department of Health & Environment
- Chris Carey, ppb enviro-solutions
- Kristin Fritchman, Energy Transfer
- Allison Haus, Foth Infrastructure & Environment
- Mike Rawitch, Ramboll
FREE for AWMA members and students – $5 for non-members. Registration will give access to both sessions.
For more information, contact Kelli Calhoon at 913-220-3810 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are paying by check, click the applicable Ticket Type. Then click
If paying by check, after you are redirected to PayPal, click
Please select only one Ticket Type. If you need to register more than one person, register each separately.
Bookings are closed for this event.