The Midwest Section will post job openings from local companies as a free service. If you have an opening, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HS&E Engineer II – Emergency Management & Fire Protection – Honeywell
There is an opportunity to work in the Health, Safety, Environmental and Facilities Department at the Kansas City National Security Campus working for Honeywell.
- Develops and conducts activities and programs directed toward preventing accidents, eliminating health and safety hazards and achieving compliance with current health, safety, and environment (HS&E) regulations and Department of Energy (DOE) directives.
- Reviews plant facilities, equipment, materials, and work practices to identify unsafe conditions and assure implementation of appropriate hazard controls.
- Reviews proposed layouts, facility design drawings and equipment specifications for fire protection hazards and documents findings for corrective action.
- Prepares applicable reports required by DOE or regulatory agencies.
- Investigates incidents to determine causes and recommends action to prevent recurrence.
- Works with plant supervision, union representation and employees to address Emergency management and fire protection requirements and concerns.
- Based upon knowledge of regulations, recommends new or revised program activities to assure full compliance by Honeywell FM&T with current requirements of laws and regulations.
- Participates in development and implementation of emergency preparedness, fire protection, risk assessment and related programs.
- Supports Hazard Assessments, Risk Assessment, and other investigations.
- Works independently to develop Emergency Management and fire protection programs affecting the KCNSC
- Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established HS&E requirements to ensure the protection of employees, the public, and the environment. Takes actions necessary to stop work when an unsafe condition or action is identified.