Date(s) - 11/10/2021
3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Add to your calendar: iCal
Exploring Sectors in the Environmental Profession
Nov 3 & 10, 2021 – Virtual via Zoom Webinar
Sessions will be recorded and available to registrants for viewing for one month after the live session.
Join the Midwest Section of the Air and Waste Management Association for our 5th annual Young Professionals workshop!
On November 3, we have invited practicing environmental professionals to present insights into working within various sectors, including the manufacturing, consulting, non-profit, public agency, and legal sectors.
On November 10, we will host sessions on continuing education in the profession, including continuing education through certificates and graduate programs as well as the professional certifications of Professional Engineer (PE) and Professional Geologist (PG). We will close with a Q&A session where workshop attendees can ask questions to local professionals.
This workshop is beneficial for working professionals to understand perspectives of professionals in different sectors and for students who are investigating careers in the environmental field!
Wednesday, November 3, 2021: 3:00pm – 5:00pm
Introduction to Environmental Sectors
- Industry – Kristin Fritchman, Energy Transfer
- Consulting – Abby Perkins, Ramboll
- Public Agency – Deborah Bredehoft, Environmental Protection Agency Region 7
- Non-Profit – Eric Hemphill, Bridging the Gap
- Legal – Paul Jacobsen, Spencer Fane
Wednesday, November 10, 2021: 3:00pm – 5:00pm
- Certificate & Graduate Programs – Terri Woodburn, University of Kansas
- Professional Certifications
- Professional Engineer (PE) – Jessica Yeager, Geosyntec
- Professional Geologist (PG) – Chuck Joyce, SCS Engineers
Q&A with Local Professionals
Full-Time Students; $15, AWMA Members: $25, Non-Members: $40.
Registration will give access to both sessions. Scroll down to “Bookings” to register.
For more information, contact Kelli Calhoon at 913-220-3810 or email@example.com
If you are paying by check, click the applicable Ticket Type. Then click
If paying by check, after you are redirected to PayPal, click
Please select only one Ticket Type. If you need to register more than one person, register each separately.
Bookings are closed for this event.