Date(s) - 09/25/2018
12:30 pm - 5:00 pm
Exploring the Environmental Profession
Join the Midwest Section of the Air and Waste Management Association for our second annual Young Environmental Professionals workshop. In this workshop, experts in the environmental field will present an introductory course on working in the air, water, remediation and solid waste professions. New in 2018, we will also host a speed learning round on hot topics and an environmental professionals panel so workshop attendees can ask questions to local professionals. Join us to learn a new topic area, refresh your knowledge of environmental regulations and requirements, and network with local professionals in the field.
- Air Quality – Tia Jeter, SCS Engineers
- Water Quality – Abby Perkins, Trinity Consultants
- Solid Waste – Lisa McDaniel, Mid-America Regional Council
- Remediation – Brian Hanks, Foth Infrastructure and Environment
- Field Sampling – Anna Custer, Pace Analytical
- Interpreting Lab Data as a Non-Chemist – Anne Melia, Blackstone Environmental
- Environmental Challenges for Retail – Kristen Fritchman, APTIM
- Industry Perspective on Environmental Challenges – Steve Kidwell, Eagle Materials/Central Plains Cement
Professionals Panel Q&A
- Mary Hauner-Davis, Burns & McDonnell
- Luke Rodriguez, Unified Government of Wyandotte County-Division of Air Quality
- Steve Kidwell, Eagle Materials/Central Plains Cement
- Lisa McDaniel, Mid-America Regional Council
- Kristen Fritchman, APTIM
Networking Event with Area Professionals to Follow! RSVP to join us at Granfalloon after the workshop.
For more information, contact Kelli Calhoon at 913-956-6221 or Kelli.Calhoon@midwestawma.org
Thanks to participating professionals from the following organizations: APTIM, Blackstone Environmental, Burns & McDonnell, Eagle Materials, Foth Infrastructure & Environment, Mid-America Regional Council, Pace Analytical, SCS Engineers, Trinity Consultants, and Wyandotte County Health Department-Air Quality.
See the Workshop Schedule.
If you are paying by check, click the applicable Ticket Type. Then click
If paying by check, after you are redirected to PayPal, click
Please select only one Ticket Type. If you need to register more than one person, register each separately.
Bookings are closed for this event.